[PODCAST] Coach and Coordinator: Allan Moore (6/27/17)
By Stephen Spiewak | Posted 6/27/2017
Allan Moore, the defensive coordinator at Otterbein University (Westerville, Ohio), is today’s guest on the USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast. Moore discusses how he utilizes wristbands to simplify play calling and speed up tempo. He also makes an argument for the advantages of an odd front and why young coaches need to take advantage of technology as a learning tool.
- :56 Start as a football coach
- 1:49 Lessons learned early on
- 3:09 Teaching a defense
- 5:04 Utilizing wristbands (and symbols) to expedite player learning
- 13:16 Advantages of an Odd front defense
- 16:07 The 4 i's of defensive line play
- 18:07 Establishing culture on the defense
- 21:42 Young coaches need to take advantage of learning through technology
- 24:19 Player development pathway
- 27:50 Two-minute drill
Subscribe to the USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast on iTunes.