[PODCAST] Coach and Coordinator: Tim Foster (6/28/17)
By Stephen Spiewak | Posted 6/28/2017
Reinhardt University (Waleska, Ga.) passing game coordinator Tim Foster joins Keith in today’s episode of the USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast. Foster discusses his Wing T offense, and how, in an era of football obsessed with spread offenses, it can be a valuable weapon. He also dives into how (and why) he quizzes players by having them draw plays.
- 1:35 Coaching multiple positions in the Wing T
- 2:55 The foundation for the Wing T
- 5:18 The Wing T as competitive advantage in a spread era
- 6:42 The core of Foster's Wing T: Belly
- 10:20 Coaching the full depth chart and juggling playing time
- 12:00 Coaching three different position
- 13:30 Building culture around the concept of "finishing"
- 15:23 Teaching and technology
- 16:34 Quizzing players by having them draw plays
- 17:50 Transitioning from player to coach (and understanding what changes)
- 18:51 The importance of being a good recruiter
- 21:30 Developing relationships with players
- 23:40 Balancing football and family
- 24:55 Two-minute drill
- 26:02 The winning edge
Subscribe to the USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast on iTunes.