[PODCAST] Coach and Coordinator: Dr. Ken Clark (8/8/17)
By Katelyn Lemen | Posted 8/8/2017
Dr. Ken Clark joins Joe Eisenmann and Keith Grabowski on today’s High Performance edition of the USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast. Dr. Clark has a PhD in Applied Physiology and Biomechanics, researches human performance and is a strength and conditioning coach. He also serves as an assistant professor in the Department of Kinesiology at West Chester (Pa.) University. In the podcast, he discusses speed development and training.
- 1:32 How much of a difference a coach make in players' speed
- 2:46 Key components of building a speed program
- 5:58 Drills to help top-end speed
- 10:02 Posture in dynamic warmups
- 13:14 Importance of recovery between sprints
- 15:55 Why you shouldn't mix conditioning with speed training
- 16:29 The research and importance of ground reaction forces
- 20:14 Strength training and plyometrics to improve speed mechanics
- 24:38 3 takeaways for improving speed
Subscribe to the USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast on iTunes.
Related: USA Football's Acceleration and Speed course led by noted speed coach Bill Parisi