[PODCAST] Coach and Coordinator: Craig Candeto (9/13/17)
By Katelyn Lemen | Posted 9/13/2017
Craig Candeto joins today’s USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast. Candeto is a former quarterback under Paul Johnson at Navy and a former Navy lieutenant fighter pilot. He now works as the offensive graduate assistant coach at Georgia Tech.
- :58 Tendencies and wrinkles as a triple option coach
- 4:21 High School coaches are more likely to take risks
- 5:24 How player safety has changed practice
- 7:33 “Don’t be afraid to slow it down”
- 9:15 Giving your players an advantage in practice
- 12:04 How to maintain and build culture during the season
- 14:16 What position coaches can do to support the head coach
- 16:52 Talking to players is key in finding the leaders of the team
- 21:06 The winning edge
Subscribe to the USA Football Coach and Coordinator podcast on iTunes.