The USA Football Protection Tour kicks off Saturday in Los Angeles, the first of seven stops in 2018. Presented by Riddell and AIG, the Protection Tour creates the ultimate on-field experience for boys and girls who either play football, have an interest in doing so or just enjoy the game.
The free three-hour event on a real NFL field for kids ages 5 to 14 exposes them to football fundamentals, provides a helmet fitting by a Riddell expert and includes NFL players, mascots, cheerleaders and more.
RELATED CONTENT: Why is football helmet reconditioning important?
Youth football coaches are encouraged to bring their teams or their entire leagues. Parents and coaches will learn how to keep players healthier and safer, get an opportunity to ask questions of medical experts, and can join and support their players on the field.
The Tour drew praise from parents at each of last year's stops.
"This is a great opportunity to get kids off the couch instead of playing video games," Sara Clifton said.
Added Luis Silva, "I would describe my experience at the Protection Tour as helpful, memorable and awesome."
Take a look for yourself:
RELATED CONTENT: USA Football Parent Guide
Here's the complete 2018 Protection Tour schedule. We hope to see you there!
• Los Angeles Chargers, June 16, 9 a.m. to noon, HOAG Performance Center, 3333 Susan St., Costa Mesa, California
• Denver Broncos, June 20, 6 to 9 p.m., UCHealth Training Center, 13655 E. Broncos Parkway, Englewood, Colorado
• Seattle, June 23, 3 to 6 p.m., Virginia Mason Athletic Center, 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, Washington
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers, July 14, 9 a.m. to noon, One Buc Place, 1 Buccaneer Place, Tampa, Florida
• Chicago Bears, July 21, 2 to 5 p.m., Halas Hall, 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, Illinois
• Buffalo Bills, August 3, time TBA, New Era Field, 1 Bills Drive, Orchard Park, New York
• Pro Football Hall of Fame, Aug. 11, time and site TBA, Canton, Ohio